Rwanda electronic Single window had been integrated with Commercial Banks in order to facilitate the payment of duties and taxes due.
After having assessment of taxes to pay, the document identification numbers are used to process electronic payment using different means that are provided by the commercial banks. Those include the payment over the counter, Mobile banking and Internet banking.
After assessing Customs declaration, reference used for payment of Customs declaration is generated by the system and communicated to the importer via e-mail.
Current two commercial banks namely I&M Bank and Access Bank have internet and Mobile banking that can allow importers to pay their declarations themselves using internet or mobile.
If you want more information on how to pay your Customs declaration using mobile or Internet banking, please read much more on:
Importers are requested to register with their commercial banks for Mobile and Internet banking before they are able to pay Customs Taxes.
At free of charge, the ReSW provides notifications for registered importers and exporters informing them the progress of their clearance process. Registration to receive SMS and e-mail from Rwanda electronic Single Window (ReSW) system to facilitate monitoring the clearance of goods in Customs was made available by Rwanda Revenue Authority to any importer who shall request for it.
Registration form can be SMS_MAIL_APPLICATION_FORM, signed and be submitted to any Customs office or sent electronically on firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is done immediately after receiving a signed application form.
Applicant should make sure that he/she is providing a correct telephone number or/and e-mail address. The system will dispatch the information at the following stages of customs declaration processing:
- Release order
The information will be sent to your mobile and/or to your e-mail account depending to your choice. We will provide you the following:
- Summarized information about Duties and taxes to be paid as per Customs assessment Notice.
- Short notice informing you that payment was made to the specific declaration number(s).
- Summarized information of changes of duties and taxes if the declaration has been modified. The change may be as a result of Customs verification or may be requested by you.
- Short notice informing you that we have released your goods.
- Short notice informing you that your consignment is exited from Customs territory.
- Detailed information about Duties and taxes to bepaid grouped in such a way to simplify issuance of bank cheques.
- Detailed information about payment done to your declaration(s).
- Detailed information about changes of duties and taxes if the declaration has been modified.
- The change may be as a result of Customs verification or may be requested by you.
- Information that we have finalized verification and release order was issued for you to organize transport from Customs to your premises.
- Information that your consignment is exited from Customs for you to prepare offloading to your store accordingly.
The importer or exporter may de-register from receiving either e-mail, SMS or both at any time without any cost.